Bauer won't pitch again this season, leave extended by MLB
Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer will miss the rest of the season.
Major League Baseball and the players' association extended his administrative leave Friday through the end of the World Series.
Bauer was placed on seven days’ paid leave July 2 under the MLB and players’ union's joint domestic violence and sexual assault policy after a Southern California woman said he choked her into unconsciousness, punched her repeatedly and had anal sex with her without her consent during two sexual encounters earlier this year. MLB and the union have since agreed to several extensions.
The decision to extend the leave through the rest of the season had been expected, given that Bauer had not pitched since June 29 and was running out of time to get back in shape to return to the mound while games remained. The regular season is scheduled to end Oct. 3 and the minimum ramp-up time for pitchers is generally regarded as three weeks.
Bauer's representatives issued a statement Friday saying he had agreed to extend his administrative leave through the playoffs “in a measure of good faith and in an effort to minimize any distraction to the Dodgers organization and his teammates.”
“He continues to cooperate with the MLB investigation and refute the baseless allegations against him,” the statement said. “Again, by definition administrative leave is neither a disciplinary action nor does it in any way reflect a finding in the league’s investigation.”
The Pasadena Police Department last month delivered the results of its own three-month investigation into the woman's allegations to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office and the case is under review. The move came a week after Judge Dianna Gould-Saltman of the Superior Court of Los Angeles County denied the 27-year-old...
source https://www.chron.com/sports/article/Bauer-won-t-pitch-again-this-season-leave-16449468.php
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen