LEADING OFF: A's off until Friday; Buehler, Morton off IL
A look at what’s happening around the majors Wednesday:
___
VIRUS UPDATE
The Athletics will be off until at least Friday to allow for additional testing and contact tracing after a member of Oakland’s organization tested positive for the coronavirus. Major League Baseball postponed the A’s three-game series in Seattle this week and said the games will be made up with a doubleheader in Seattle on Sept. 14, previously a day off for both teams, and another in Oakland on Sept. 26. Oakland is still set to open a weekend homestand against San Diego on Friday night.
BUEHLER’S BACK
The Dodgers plan to welcome right-hander Walker Buehler back to the rotation after an IL stint due to a blister on his pitching hand. Buehler (1-0, 4.32) will start against Arizona after striking out 11 Rockies over six innings of one-run ball in his previous outing Aug. 21. Los Angeles will be without third baseman Justin Turner, who went on the injured list Tuesday with a strained left hamstring.
MORTON, TOO
Rays right-hander Charlie Morton will come off the injured list and start against the Yankees. Morton was pulled from a start against New York on Aug. 9 with right shoulder inflammation and has been out of action since. He’s 1-1 with a 5.40 ERA this season for the AL East-leading Rays, who are hoping to add to their cushion over the second-place Yankees in the teams’ final matchup this season. Lefty Jordan Montgomery (2-1, 4.44) will pitch for New York.
NEW KID
Fans in Pittsburgh have at least one reason to watch the last-place Pirates after they promoted slick-fielding third baseman Ke’Bryan Hayes on Monday for his major league debut. The 23-year-old, a three-time minor league Gold Glove winner, is the son of 14-year big league veteran Charlie Hayes. Ke’Bryan said when he...
source https://www.chron.com/sports/article/LEADING-OFF-A-s-off-until-Friday-Buehler-15534779.php
Kommentare
Kommentar veröffentlichen